Retail Tenant Representation, Leasing and Strategy
The goal we set for every project is to get the best possible outcome for our clients, no matter what. We have access to the best and latest industry intelligence, through an expansive network of collated industry data. Our thorough understanding of legislation and governance processes means that our clients can sleep easy with the knowledge that we’ve got everything covered. Other than being able to represent retailers, assist with leasing, and provide consultation regarding overall strategy, we secure industry success for our clients through:
Got an industry challenge you want to overcome? Our experienced retail specialists use the latest retail information methodologies to achieve our clients’ business aspirations, offering a holistic and unbiased perspective to inform strategic direction and decision-making. We have multiple internal and external data sources, the product of which we analyze and leverage for long-term strategy development. Through reports and other visual mediums, we take our clients through everything we do for mutual understanding, and our leasing specialists are constantly on the lookout for cost-saving opportunities.
Our retail tenant representation and retail leasing services include:
- Preparing in-depth market analyses
- Obtaining market-related commercial, and where possible negotiating commercials to below market rates
- Negotiating the best location opportunities as per the client’s brief, and assisting with making the best final decision
- Assisting with legal documentation, adherence to governance processes, compliance management, and council interaction where required in terms of plan submissions and health & safety requirements
- Remaining aware of market conditions, landlord requirements, and managing expectations of both our clients and their landlords
- Presenting several opportunities that align to our client briefs, and overseeing projects together with clients until final handover
- Providing continued support through regular client interaction, bringing to light market changes as and when they occur
Retail strategy services:
Our retail industry specialists utilise the latest geographic information systems (GIS) to capture, store, analyse, and represent industry data in an easy-to-understand visual format. This methodology of cross-referencing data sets helps us determine optimal solutions for our retail clients, and allows for an unbiased, holistic view of the client’s marketplace. This enhanced, differentiated approach to retail strategy consulting opens up a platform for further discussion and more informed strategic decisions. Our sophisticated mapping software and data analytics provide:
- Real estate markets
- Existing stock and vacancies
- Market rental benchmarking
- Development pipelines
- Competitor analysis
- Target market identification
- Customer profiling and analytics
- Customer clustering
- Customer predictive modeling and new target markets
- Spend by category on various consumer goods
- Cross referencing of product type to consumer profile and location
- Growth areas (population and income)
- Transport infrastructure
- Drive-time analyses
Examples of external data available:
- Competitor locations
- Preferred customer clustering
- Shopping centres (existing and in development)
- Government offices
- Day and night population comparisons
- Transport hubs
- Outlet catchment area comparisons (gap analysis and cannibalisation)
- Central locations for staff
- Current and future opportunities
- Portfolio optimisation
- Location dominance within a catchment area
WHY CHOOSE CUSHMAN & WAKEFIELD | BROLL?
Creative, market-savvy leadership. Our experienced advisors are supported by our global platform of cross-border professionals to provide in-depth local market knowledge, create leverage with landlords, and discover off-market opportunities and other innovative solutions.
Maximum value through analytics. We develop occupancy strategies, market analyses, and site selections that are backed by financial modelling to demonstrate value and empower clients to make strong business decisions.
Unique insight and strategic global perspective. Our local researchers and brokers work together with multi-disciplinary teams around the world to assist clients with navigating the complex and constantly changing world of retail.
Our industry professionals provide local market expertise, cutting-edge technology and strategic perspective throughout each project—from strategic consulting and planning to market research and analysis, site selection, option development, financial analysis and modelling, market exploration, and lease negotiation. We also integrate services like project management, move management, property management, incentives consulting, and sustainability consulting.
Retail Transaction Management